Sunday 12 October 2014

A slight change of plan... No, you didn't read the Blog name incorrectly and it isn't a typo!

What's another 900 miles between friends?!

Inspired by a Twitter encounter, I started thinking about how far I am running. 100 miles in registered events is a big commitment, but the biggest commitment is the training runs that I'm doing out in all weathers! It seemed strangely unjust that the training miles aren't included so... here is the challenge... 1000 running miles starting with Great South Run (and training) and this will complete with the next GSR in 2015. 

I am slightly sad, however, that my GSR training so far has only amounted to 82.21 miles. Since starting running in March this year, Runkeeper tells me I have already completed 256 miles. This gives me perspective to my new, huge, challenge of 1000 miles.

What I'd really love now is for the challenge to be recognised by Great Ormond Street. I may not fundraise millions for them, but the challenge is massive considering I have only been running a short amount of time and looking back at my history of chronic pain and immobility after having E. 

I am so, so pleased that my blog has been viewed so many times - thank you to @Run_Mummy_Run and @UKRunChat for the ReTweets and hello to all of the Tweeps who are reading. I hope I can keep all of my 'audience' (seems a strange choice of word, but I can't think of a better one!) entertained and moved by the account of a rambling mother of 4. I also hope to share some of the new things I am learning about E's learning disability.

I have got a long run planned with my buddy this morning. She was going to leave her boys and husband at a lovely seafront cafe and then run home. I have managed to convince her that it is a much better idea to run to the cafe and then eat our own body weight in bacon butties! 

Under managerial instructions to eat and hydrate properly (yes, husband I mean you bossing me about this morning!), I am preparing for an 8 mile run today. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment